Dialogue to Action
Dialogue to Action groups are a diverse group of 8-12 people that meet 6 times, along with diverse facilitators, to hold focused discussions where personal experiences and perceptions are openly shared about issues of concern surrounding differing races, religions and cultures. Our Dialogue to Action groups (also well-known as “study circles”) stands apart from formal workshops or unstructured debates that people often want to avoid. That is because with our Dialogue to Action groups:
- Everyone is welcome on an equal basis, without regard to credentials or connections.
- No one can “win” a group discussion by being a strong advocate for one point of view. Instead, listening to fellow group participants in order to deepen and grow understanding and reevaluate assumptions is emphasized.
- Participants work collaboratively and develop new relationships as no one has a microphone or a podium with which to dominate the meetings.
- Participants are allowed the opportunity to explore an issue of concern outside of their usual boundaries, to come to consensus and/or to make a long-term commitment.
- Participants are encouraged to take action as individuals, as part of a small group and as members of large organizations.
We are excited to announce our first series of Dialogue to Action groups will kick off the week of February 24th and culminate with a large Action forum on April 14th bringing all of the groups together to implement the change we need. If you are interested in participating or facilitating with this program please fill out the application form.
To improve the understanding and acceptance of differing races and cultures throughout Delaware. To provide the community with practical recommendations for which organizations, institutions and individuals can take to improve race relations and racial equality.
Facing Racism In a Diverse Nation
Religion, Beliefs and Working Together
Mass Incarceration – The New Jim Crow
More groups are coming.
If you or your organization are interested in hosting a Dialogue to Action group, please contact
Rebecca Cotto at email@example.com or 302.655.0039 x230.