- One-to-One Business Counseling
- Assessment of Business Needs and Resources
- Entrepreneur Goal Development and Achievement
- Mind Your Business Small Business Boot Camp
- DIY Marketing Lab and Workshop
Career Readiness Support
- Career Sessions, Roundtables, Workshops
- One-to-One Workforce Development Support
- 21st Century Job Search Boot Camp
- Workability Workshop Series
FREE Business Consultations
The Wo(men) Achieving New Directions Program offers complimentary business development, advisory , technical and one- on-one counseling for aspiring business owners or those who are already in business. Take advantage of your FREE business consultation today, complete a brief form (see link below). A team member of the WAND program will reach out to you shortly after you complete the form.
Wo(men) Achieving New Directions Entrepreneur/Small Business and Career Readiness Curriculums
The WAND Program offers entrepreneur strategies to emerging business owners, who need “hands on” technical support and tools to position their business for success and sustainability.
Our workforce development programs provide 21st Century job search skills to those with barriers to employment, including, individuals seeking to navigate the job market, identify transferable skills and re-brand themselves for new and current employment opportunities.
Mind Your Business Boot Camp
September 17th – October 1st
The Mind Your Business Boot Camp Series focuses on 21st Century networking, marketing and operation skills to take a solid business idea to the next level.
- Participants are taught how to market a business or service through the use of internet and cloud-based applications.
- Designed for clients that need maximum flexibility and immediate income return with little to no capital investment.
- The course facilitator is Pedro Moore, an award winning serial entrepreneur and venture capitalist.
Looking for a new job or career?
YWCA Delaware’s WAND Program is partnering with DelDot to recruit candidates for a free and paid On-The-Job Training Program in highway construction.
The program encompasses:
- Aid in job placement
- Case management
- Career counseling
- Ongoing workforce workshops
For more information contact
302-224-4060 ext. 203
DELDOT Information Session
Wednesday, September 11th
5:30 to 6:45pm
(Session starts promptly at 5:45)
153 E. Chestnut Hill Road Suite 102
Newark, DE 19713
Learn more about the DELDOT On-The-Job Training Program in partnership with the YWCA Wo(men) Achieving New Directions Program WAND.
Interested candidates will have an opportunity to meet with the staff of WAND to be considered for the next steps.
SCORE Delaware 2019 Partnership
Delaware SCORE offers numerous workshops and seminars throughout the year on a variety of different topics of interest to new and existing business owners. Click here to learn more about SCORE DE .
The WAND program is thrilled to be a yearlong partner with SCORE Delaware in offering FREE Business Development workshops at the Rt.9 Library every 2nd Tuesday of the month (except July, August, and December) from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. , the classes vary on what the topic is every month. Check out the flyer to see class list.
21st Century Job Search Boot Camp
This Fall – September/October
Every Tuesday and Thursday
5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
The 21st Century Job Search Boot Camp is a comprehensive program that offers the latest techniques for navigating the maze of the 21st Century job market. Clients create an individual action plan with short and long term SMART goals.
Develop a 21st Century resume, identify transferable skills, learn how to create a brand for themselves, and communicate how to re-tell their story for new employment opportunities.
Graduation following program end entails clients presenting their journey in front of an audience of attendees. The course is facilitated by Pat Troy-Brooks who is a work force development strategist expert and serial entrepreneur.
REGISTER TODAY, TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL. (register online for class) (download flyer)
Scholarships are available based on income, click here to apply.
WorkAbility Boot Camp Series – Ongoing Sessions
Call (302) 224-4060 Ext 203 for more information
- The WorkAbility Boot Camp Series is a career readiness skills for individuals who are new to the workforce or have experienced significant instability in their work life as well as people with substantial barriers to gaining employment.
- This program offers fundamental job search components, soft skill development needed to develop a work mindset.