COVID-19 Financial Information
YWCA Delaware’s Financial Coaches are compiling information to help you make it through the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back often for updated information.
Governor Carney’s sixth modification to the declaration of a State of Emergency for Delaware, enacted on March 24, 2020, placed a moratorium on eviction actions, imposition of late fees, and interest for residential rental units.
However, this order does not relieve renters of their obligation to pay rent. Renters should do everything they can to pay their rent on time so that they are not past due. Renters should communicate their inability to pay any or all of their rent to their landlord as soon as they know that to be the case.
Are you behind on rent?
- Please contact and update your landlord as soon as possibleIf you are applying for rental assistance, inform them because they may need to also fill out an application.
- Delaware rental assistance portal can be found here: https://decovidhousinghelp.com/
Many of the larger mortgage companies have already taken steps to provide Covid-19 related mortgage relief. Please contact your servicer if you are behind to find out what options they offer. (DO NOT IGNORE ANY CORRESPONDENCE/MAIL/PHONE CALLS FROM YOUR MORTGAGE COMPANY) Any delay may result in resources not being delivered.
Are you behind on your mortgage?
- Reach out to your mortgage company to find out what options they offer
- Contact YWCA to have a housing counselor walk you through the process and help.
- Call – 302.224.4060 x200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please leave a message with your name, phone number, and a brief description of your current situation.)
- Use this link as a resource https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus/resources_for_homeowners
The IRS is committed to helping you get your Economic Impact Payment as soon as possible. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees.
People who don’t file taxes will need to use “Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here” application to provide simple information to get their payment. Click Here to access the IRS link.
Delaware State Housing Authority
The mission of the Delaware State Housing Authority is to efficiently provide, and assist others to provide, quality, affordable housing opportunities and appropriate supportive services to low- and moderate-income Delawareans.