MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH is open to all Delaware high school students, Grades 9 – 12. Participants must have a sponsor willing to help them prepare for the contest and support them through the process. Registration is limited to the first 75 sponsored registrants. Contestants will receive a confirmation email advising them of their entry into the contest. The MLK Planning Committee reserves the right to limit the number of participants from any one high school/organization. To register please complete the form below.
- Message must be original and relate to the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Contestants must have a sponsor/mentor who is 21 years or older.
- Bonus marks will be given for memorization.
- Bonus marks will be given for referencing Dr. King’s lesser known speeches.
- Presentations are to be approximately 5-minutes long. Presentations shorter than 4 1/2-minutes or longer than 5 1/2-minutes may be disqualified.
- Finalists only are required to submit an electronic copy of their presentation prior to their performance on January 19, 2020.
- Finalists are not permitted to leave the stage during their presentations.
- Audio, costumes, and props are NOT permitted.
- Past first place winners of MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH are not eligible to compete.
- The decisions of the judges are final.