YWCA Delaware thanks attendees for YW Connect Women's re-launch event, “Intertwined.” We appreciate your generous support of this program and the opportunity to discuss the state of women’s leadership in Delaware and in the nation. Your enthusiasm and energy will continue to inspire us as we plan various skill-building workshops, informational sessions and online forums throughout the year, all with the goal to develop, promote and celebrate women’s leadership in our community.
There are a number of ways to keep this momentum going until our March event, “A Seat at the Table: Acquiring Board Leadership.” Stay tuned for the date and location announcement for this event, and in the meantime:
- If you have not already done so, please complete the "Intertwined" Feedback Form providing your feedback on “Intertwined” and future topics you would like to see addressed by YW Connect Women and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join YW Connect Women’s Planning Committee. We need your voice!
- Lend your expertise to an upcoming YW Connect Women event or one-on-one to a woman in our growing network.
- Bring a friend to the next YW Connect Women event.
- Sign up to host a YW Connect Women event at your company, school, church or nonprofit.
Special thanks to our community partners, United Way of Delaware and its Women’s Leadership Council; to our business sponsors, Chelsea Tavern and Moore Brothers Wine Company; and to our keynote speaker, Lynn Yeakel, Founder and Co-Chair of Vision 2020 at Drexel University College of Medicine’s Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership. She offered very inspiring remarks about the work Vision 2020 has done around the country to achieve equality for women, and has definitely provided a creative spark to us here in Delaware.
We are honored to share Lynn's special thank you message to YW Connect Women attendees, as well as more information on how you can be involved with Vision 2020’s work.